Post trip

My trip to Costa Rica was an unforgettable experience.  I have learned that any size company whether large or small can have a large impact on society. From going to the monteverde soap shop, to visiting VMware, I learned that you can achieve anything you set your mind to. I learned that it is important to take care of our visions, whether it is on a larger scale, like saving the rainforest, or on a smaller scale like making earth friendly soaps. Nothing will get achieved if you aren't focused on it and willing to go the extra mile.

The idea of saving the rainforest fascinated me, as I am a gardener and I absolutely adored all of the sights, sounds, and smells of Monteverde. I do plan to go back to visit there.
I became inspired to do more with my life while on this trip. I want to know more about how I can invest my time and efforts into bettering life for the entire population. I want to do what I can to help. I'm actually pretty sure that I've become a tree hugger in a way.

In the future, I now know how important it is to have a plan and stick to it. I learned that it is important to try to understand others. Next time I visit costa rica, I would like to be fluent in Spanish. I would like to know how to involve myself in other cultures and how to get myself outside of my comfort zone and learn to thrive there.

I did learn that I do not want to own a factory, like the pineapple plant, just because I don't enjoy seeing hard labor like that. Same thing with the souvenir shop. I did not like the conditions that those people were working in. Being a person who has studied HR, I want to better my employees experiences at work and ensure their comfort and safety needs are met.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's all about business

Industrial Day in the City

HiSTORY